Ever since his youth, music has always played a major
role in Daniel’s life.
From the tender age of 10, he was a Chorister of Her
Majesty’s Chapel Royal, St.James’s Palace, London for three
years. He successfully passed his final (Grade 8) exams of
the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music on the
piano, violin, organ, voice and theory of music by the age
of 14. He attended the public school ‘The City of London
School’ and left after passing his A-levels at the age of
17. He then went on to study Radio, Film & Television
Studies with Music at Christ Church College, affiliated to
the University of Kent at Canterbury. He was the only organ
student of Dr.Alan Wicks at Canterbury Cathedral. He left
university at 21.
Then followed a long line of different activities, that
made him into the versatile musician, manager, producer and
agent that he now is:
- Holiday apprentice in the Royal Lancaster Hotel,
- Freelancer at Riverside Studios London and at the BBC
- Music teacher in England and in Germany
- Solo ballet repetiteur with the State Ballet Company
of Essen, Germany
- Professor at the Music college, Folkwang Hochschule,
- Freelancer in the artistic offices of the Aalto
Theatre, Essen, Germany
- Musical Director and Accompanist of various Stars such
as Angelika Milster, Deborah Sasson, Hartwig Rudolz, Renée
Knapp, Sanni Luis, Rafi Weinstock, Maya Hakvoort, Annika
Bruhns, Felix Martin, John Cashmore, Diana Böge, etc.
- Bandleader of his various ensembles : the Daniel Trio,
the Daniel Kottnauer Sextett, etc.
- Pianist for various musicals such as Starlight
Express, Just One World, West Side Story, etc.
- Artists’ agent
- Concert promotor
- Grounded his own event agency Daniel Productions
Daniel Kottnauer speaks fluent English, German, French,
Czech and a little Italian.